Checking and Savings: $3,259.25
- The club made a $150.00 donation to the village of White Post for White Post Restoration letting us park on the lot after hours and on the weekends. Money will be used to pay for the night street lighting.
- 38 members were at the June Meeting.
- Waivers – if you did not sign waiver, check in with a club officer.
- Adopt a Highway – WW has adopted the road between Richard’s Farm Market and Relief Methodist Church (2 miles) for the past several years. Jonathan Hanson plans to walk the road to clear any debris. If anyone is interested in joining should contact Jonathan the next 2 Fridays.
- Other business: Metric Century this fall Sunday, 7 October 2018 at Brucetown, VA. Participants can ride 20, 40 or 62 miles with a refreshment stop on the longer route. All WW riders are encouraged to participate; there is no fee to participate. This is a good get together to end the season on the road. Last year was a huge success and Robert Golightly will provide more details in the coming months.
- Kids Club Ride – Kids ride is scheduled for 12 August at 9:00. Kids can ride 10 or 30. All adult riders can bike 10 ,30, 50 and 70 miles. Kids will be trained on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:00am at the Kids Club. Starting TBD. Typically, 8-10 kids participate
- Road ID discount offer – If interested in the Road ID bracelet (www.roadid.com/pages/pe?id=roadid) the club receives a $10.00 discount. The fabric id is available via the website and a way to be identified by a first responder in case of emergency who can search for your contact information to include any medical history; especially if riding alone and in case or an accident.
- The Wheelmen send a big thanks to Ed Duncan for his continued support and for hosting the June cookout. THANKS ED!!!
Thanks to Kevin McNair for coordinating the purchase of WW T-shirts. If you did not place an order on the first go around, hopefully we will be able to do a second purchase later this summer. The T-Shirts came in many colors and have wonderful WW art work on them. $15.00 each was a great price also.
Future Weekend Rides or Events
08-15 July 2018 – Cycle the Erie Canal – Buffalo, NY. https://www.ptny.org/cycle-the-erie-canal/annual-bike-tour
14-17 July 2018 – The Greatest Bicycle Tour of Historic C&O Canal – C&O Canal https://sanmar-tgbt.org/
21-28 July 2018 – WW Finger Lakes Trip – Lake Keuka, NY.
24-29 July 2018 – USA Cycling Amateur Road National Championships – Hagerstown, MD. http://www.visithagerstown.com/amateur_road 20 July – 04 Aug 2018 – The Great Big FANY Ride – NY. https://www.fanyride.com/
Sat., 04 Aug 2018 – Mt. Mama Road Bike Challenge – Monterey, VA. http://highlandcountyrecreation.org/mountain-mama-road-bike-challenge.html
Sun., 12 Aug 2018 – Kid’s Club Ride – Winchester, VA. Back again! Pleae register early! https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E170197&id=39
Sun., 19 Aug 2018 – Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic – Lancaster, PA. https://lancasterbikeclub.net/cbc/
Sat., 25 Aug 2018 – Cumberland Valley Century – Boonsboro, MD. https://www.bikereg.com/cumberland-valley-century
Sat., 08 Sept. 2018 – The Civil War Century – Thurmont, MD. http://www.civilwarcentury.com/
Sun., 16 Sept. 2018 – Back Roads Century – Shepherdstown, WV. https://www.potomacpedalers.org/back-roads-century
Sat., 06 Oct 2018 – Sea Gull Century – Salisbury, MD. http://seagullcentury.org/