Events for the last meeting
Election of officers:
- President: Ken Tenney
- Vice President: Bruce Taylor
- Treasurer: Jonathan Hanson
- Secretary: Pat Bacuros
Non-officer positions recognized were:
- Ride Coordinator: Robert Golightly
- Newsletter: Robert Golightly
- Webmaster: Justin Larsen
Club member and certified LAB Instructor Kevin Watson spoke to the club for about 20mins on safe riding as prescribed by LAB. Several club members indicated they heard new information from Kevin’s presentation. We thank him for the time spent with us during the annual banquet.
SNOWBALL EXPRESS RIDE! JANUARY 1ST AT NOON.
This annual ride will take place from James Wood Middle School, on Amherst Street in Winchester, VA. Weather conditions will determine if the ride will go or not and if it does, the length of the ride may be reduced due to conditions. Normally the ride is about 25 miles (there is a shortcut of about 17 miles). Check the WW Google Group for last minute details on the ride status.
2017 Banquet Award Highlights
- Wheelmen of the year: Leonard Yang
- Cyclist of the year: Bill Fennell
- Most improved: Barry Defibaugh, Cindy Quinnelly and Susan Walker
- True Grit award: Mike Perry
- Best looking Calves: Barry Defibaugh
- Best looking on a bike: Robert Golightly (really not an award, but thought I would throw this in, as I do write the newsletter.)
WHEELMEN OF THE YEAR!